Welcome to the New South Wales Teacher Librarians Listserv.
WE ARE BACK!
NSWTL was established so that information could be shared across a state-wide network, similar to our local district library meetings. This list is confined to Teacher Librarians and Library Clerical (SAO) staff working within NSW DoE schools across the state. This has been done to keep down the volume of messages, and ensure that the majority of messages will be relevant to most listserv subscribers. We recognise that other excellent listservs exist to cater to the more general issues that face our profession. NSWTL deals with specific issues within the NSW DoE. It is not uncommon for DoE library staff in any school to feel isolated and unable to share concerns with colleagues on a daily basis. Although other staff members can sympathise with the challenges facing todays library staff, it often takes someone else in exactly the same position to fully understand them.
NSWTL endeavours to provide:-
* Access to help from people facing similar situations, and experts in certain related fields.
* A network of library contacts across NSW DoE schools.
* A forum for discussion about the unique issues facing todays library staff, such as time-management, funding, technology and educational issues.
* A supportive environment where there is no dumb question; where experienced library staff feel they can share their knowledge and thoughts about teacher-librarianship.
* This is YOUR list. It was created by Teacher-Librarians for their colleagues around the state.
Points to remember:
* Messages (from a subscribed address) sent to the list are NOT moderated - in that when you mail to the list, it is automatically sent on to ALL members of the list.
* Remember, once you send it you can't get it back, so double check the addresses before clicking the Send button.
* We ask that you do not send attachments to the list. Request that those who are interested, email you and post to them directly.
* Subscribers will be limited to library staff only ie. no commercial advertisers.
* Be polite & remember your netiquette.
Do you wish to subscribe?
To join us simply scroll down & subscribe your email address.
1. If subscribing using your @det.nsw.edu.au email address, you will be approved immediately we receive it.
2. If subscribing a non-DoE email address, you will be asked to verify your name, school & region; on receipt of this information, you will be subscribed within 24 hours.
If you have any problems at all please do not hesitate to contact your Listserv Administrators at
Also visit our wiki for useful information https://nswtlnet.wikispaces.com/
This list is made possible through the support of GP Technology Solutions.
To see the collection of prior postings to the list,
visit the nswtl
(The current archive is only available to the list
Subscribe to nswtl by filling out the following
You will be sent email requesting confirmation, to
prevent others from gratuitously subscribing you. Once
confirmation is received, your request will be held for approval
by the list moderator. You will be notified of the moderator's
decision by email. This is also a hidden list, which means that the
list of members is available only to the list administrator.